A well-established IT Services Firm, with over 700 clients nationwide, is seeking an experienced Windows Support Engineer to service their Seattle area clients. This would involve working remotely from home as well as making field visits as needed to clients in the Seattle area (field work would only be about 10% of the time). We need a tech savvy IT professional who is able to deal with diverse, technical environments and maneuver through and resolve complex technical troubleshooting. If you are the person that other IT professionals seek out for advice, then this is the position for you. You should be comfortable dealing with Level 2 and 3 issues. Experience working for a Managed Service Provider is a plus.
You should be a highly motivated individual that is self-directed, energetic and driven to meet the needs of a demanding customer environment. Responsibilities include the support, administration, and maintenance of desktops, laptops, servers and networks. You will work with the latest technologies performing configurations, and support of operating systems and applications; participate in remote site administration; and production support activities.
- Configure new computer hardware and software (mostly Windows based).
- Perform upgrades and configuration of desktop and related peripherals
- Troubleshoot desktop and server issues
- Take service calls and either resolve them or pass them on appropriately
- Utilize Service Desk system to maintain records of requests and responses for support issues
- Software installs and upgrades
- Assist in the administration of a Windows environment
- Competency in supporting, diagnosing, troubleshooting computer system, software and networking issues on PCs and related equipment
- 3 years - Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- 1 year - Windows Server
- 3 years - Enterprise Antivirus Software (Symantec, McAfee)
- 3 years - Active Directory experience and Group Policy
- 3 years - MS Exchange
- Printer Administration
- 2-3 years Managed Service Provider experience is preferred but not required
- Excellent people skills (you need to really have excellent people skills as you will be representing the company)
- Ability to concisely describe or summarize a problem and steps taken to diagnose and resolve it, in writing
- Ability to deal with a diverse population, including strong accents
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and use new types of information
- Responsibility and reliability
- Ability to prioritize and perform triage
- Discretion and good sense in dealing with clients
- Willingness to see a problem through to its resolution
Excellent compensation plus benefits (insurance, vacation, 401K, etc.). In addition, a car is needed in order to complete field calls - transportation expenses will be reimbursed.