Director of Human Resources
We are seeking a Director of Human Resources for a high-end home furnishings business. The ideal candidate will be someone who knows how to manage and motivate a team and staff appropriately for customer demand. Highly desirable would be a candidate who has experience in the home design, furnishings and kitchen/bath remodeling industry.
The Director of Human Resources will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resource services, policies, and programs for the entire company. You will oversee management of the HR department as well as drive company-wide HR initiatives. You will provide oversight for all aspects of talent management including: onboarding, retention, performance management, employee relations, employee training and development, policy development, benefits administration, and compliance. Our client recognizes that quality employees deserve a quality HR experience.
• Build and manage HR systems that are efficient, scalable & global.
• Evaluate and create analytics to ensure the efficiency of the recruitment process including creating job descriptions for each department, evaluating how the company screens candidates, reviews resumes’, organizes interviews and delivers job proposals to prospective employees
• Drive effective delivery of HR programs: orientation, benefits eligibility, open enrollment, performance reviews, etc.
• Oversee administration of company benefits programs (health, 401K, dental, vision).
• Ensure compliance with domestic and global HR employment laws and regulations.
• Coach managers regarding organizational and personnel challenges and opportunities.
• Partner with business managers to develop and implement people management discipline that supports employee engagement and retention.
• Develop and implement strategic and tactical human resource initiatives that align with the company’s mission supporting employee resourcing, compensation and benefits, performance management, training & development, and employee relations.
• Update and manage employee files and digital records in the company’s HR system.
• Work with all employees and managers on sensitivity and cultural education and training.
• Participate in team coordination around the planning and layout needs of the company in the current and future facilities
• Maintain electronic documentation available to employees on internal wiki and other resources.
• Effectively manage and coordinate the resources required to run quarterly and annual team and education summits, including event planning and coordination
Qualifications and experience we are looking for:
• 5+ years of HR Management experience.
• Brings a breadth of experience resulting from successfully managing customary Human Resources activities such as employment, compensation, payroll, employee relations, benefits, training, team and company morale and employee services.
• Ability to develop cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
• Ability to collect, assimilate and analyze data. Must be proficient in Excel and extremely detail-oriented.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of Equal Employment, Affirmative Action, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, unemployment, and worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, and benefit programs.
• Knowledge of staffing and compensation strategies, practices, and processes.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.