A well-established IT Services Firm, with over 700 clients nationwide, is seeking an experienced Windows Support Engineer to service their Kentucky clients. This would involve working remotely from home as well as making field visits as needed to clients in the greater Louisville/Elizabethtown/Bowling Green areas (field visits actually take up less than 30% of the work week). We need a tech savvy IT professional who is able to deal with diverse, technical environments and maneuver through, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. If you are the person that people seek out for technical advice, then this is the position for you. You should be very comfortable dealing with Level 2 and minimal level 3 issues. Experience working for a Managed Service Provider is a plus. In addition, you must live in Kentucky and be willing to drive to the company's 19 different sites.
You should be a highly motivated individual that is self-directed, energetic and driven to meet the needs of a demanding customer environment. Responsibilities include the support, administration, and maintenance of desktops, laptops, servers and networks. You will work with the latest technologies performing configurations, and support of operating systems and applications; participate in remote site administration; and production support activities.
- Configure new computer hardware and software (mostly Windows based).
- Perform upgrades and configuration of desktop and related peripherals
- Troubleshoot desktop and server issues
- Take service calls and either resolve them or pass them on appropriately
- Utilize Service Desk system to maintain records of requests and responses for support issues
- Software installs and upgrades
- Assist in the administration of a Windows environment
- Competency in supporting, diagnosing, troubleshooting computer system, software and networking issues on Windows PCs and related equipment
- 3 years - Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- 1 year - Windows Server
- 3 years - Enterprise Antivirus Software (Symantec, McAfee)
- 3 years - Active Directory experience and Group Policy
- 3 years - MS Exchange
- Printer Administration
- 2-3 years Managed Service Provider experience preferred
This is a full-time position with benefits (insurance, 401K and PTO).